state of not being at war; silence; quietness; tranquility
letterhead
arrival
peace
tour

difference between wrong and false

What's the kindered spirit? Does the "kindered" come from kind? | What is the difference between rely on and trust me?
difference between wrong and false #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 0:57 am   difference between wrong and false

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 10

A. Excuse me I'm not a teacher. I think you must have the false application form. I came here for the job of school cleaner.

(a) Excuse
(b) false
(c) came

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 10

A. Excuse me I'm not a teacher. I think you must have the wrong application form. I came here for the job of school cleaner.

Correct entry: wrong
The error was: (b) false

You have not found the error.
A. Excuse me I'm not a teacher. I think you must have the false application form. I come here for the job of school cleaner.
_________________________

Good morning Tearchers
Can you explain the difference between wrong and false for me?
Thank you very much
Thu
Thu

difference between wrong and false #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 pm   difference between wrong and false

'False' means 'not true' as in 'a false story', 'a false beard' or 'false teeth'.

'Wrong' means 'bad' or 'not right', as in 'it's wrong to steal'. It also has the sense of 'incorrect', as in the test sentence or as in 'my watch is wrong' or 'I was wrong and you were right'.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Left to my own devices?What are knock-down drag out fights?When do you use management and Management?How to translate suck it up in this sentence?meaning of lackKnock your socks off? What does that mean?How to understand "Knock the pins out from"?What's the knee-jerk reaction?Idiomatic phrase "learn and tell"Thanks for killing the goose that laid the golden egg?What does probably mean?Expressions "like a ton of bricks"some idiomatic expressions of failure and success