standard of measure; device for measuring (pressure, amount, distance, etc.)
gauge
measurement
aptitude
sight

What's the knee-jerk reaction?

What is the difference between rely on and trust me? | How to understand "Knock the pins out from"?
What's the knee-jerk reaction? #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 20:21 pm   What's the knee-jerk reaction?

"I am sorry that I punched you in the face when you walked through the door last night, Bill. It was just a knee-jerk .......... I wasn't expecting you you said you were going to be out of town. I heard the knob rattle at 12 o'clock at night. I went to check it out, the door opened, and I swung. I thought you were a burglar," Matt said.

(a) reaction
(b) match
(c) dilemma
(d) defense

"I am sorry that I punched you in the face when you walked through the door last night, Bill. It was just a knee-jerk reaction. I wasn't expecting you you said you were going to be out of town. I heard the knob rattle at 12 o'clock at night. I went to check it out, the door opened, and I swung. I thought you were a burglar," Matt said.

Correct answer: (a) reaction

_________________________

What's the knee-jerk reaction?
Xavierka

What's the knee-jerk reaction? #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 20:47 pm   What's the knee-jerk reaction?

You'll find a simple definition of the phrase here.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What's the knee-jerk reaction? #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 20:48 pm   What's the knee-jerk reaction?

Gracias :D
Xavierka

What's the knee-jerk reaction? #4 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 20:49 pm   What's the knee-jerk reaction?

ĄDe nada!

What is the difference between 'bug me' and 'tug me'?Left to my own devices?What are knock-down drag out fights?When do you use management and Management?How to translate suck it up in this sentence?meaning of lackKnock your socks off? What does that mean?difference between wrong and falseWhat's the kindered spirit? Does the "kindered" come from kind?Idiomatic phrase "learn and tell"Thanks for killing the goose that laid the golden egg?What does probably mean?Expressions "like a ton of bricks"