building used for a particular purpose; business; audience; legislative body
cognition
refusal
house
wrench

grammer vs. grammar

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

For or To? | of the hour
grammer vs. grammar #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:44 am   grammer vs. grammar

Why is it that so many learners of English write 'grammer' instead of 'grammar'? Is it just because of the pronunciation of the word? I often wonder why it seems so hard for so many people to use a spell checker when they type their messages.

What do you think?

TOEIC listening, talks: Reporting on a fire

grammer vs. grammar #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:52 am   grammer vs. grammar

I agree with you Torsten, hereafter i'll practice to use spell checker before posting and hopefully error free sentences (With the help of this site :D )

--
P.S: I would appreciate, if you teach me the best way for effective communication.
Deejam

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
grammer vs. grammar #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 am   grammer vs. grammar

Hi Deejam,

It's great to hear you want to improve your spelling skills. What spell checker are you going to use?

TOEIC listening, talks: A writer is answering interview questions

grammer vs. grammar #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 14:46 pm   grammer vs. grammar

.
I agree that spell checkers and grammar checkers are useful tools, but they should not be relied on exclusively. Spell checkers sometimes fail to identify spelling errors, and grammar checkers can also give you incorrect feedback. For example, in the following sentence, my MS Word grammar checker suggests changing the word "is" to "are" rather than inserting the word "it" after "is" (which would be correct):

- Why is that so many learners of English write 'i' instead of 'I'?
:wink:
Interestingly, if I take MS Word's grammar advice and simply change "is" to "are" in that sentence, it then goes on to identify the word "write" as a grammar error.
:lol:
_________________

grammer vs. grammar #5 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 17:35 pm   grammer vs. grammar

Torsten wrote:
Hi Deejam,

I use Google chrome browser, I guess browser itself has the spell checker works on text input fields and underlines misspelled words.

Is there any other good tool which checks for both grammar and spelling?

I would like to know what spell checker you guys using.

Yankee wrote:
Why is that so many learners of English write 'i' instead of 'I'?

I find easy to type 'i' (single key press) then 'I' (Shift+i)

-Lazy Deejam :mrgreen:

--
Please do correct me if you find any mistakes.
Deejam

grammer vs. grammar #6 (permalink) Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:04 am   grammer vs. grammar

gramar is a most importent for learn in engiish.
Mukundbhai

grammer vs. grammar #7 (permalink) Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 am   grammer vs. grammar

Hi Muku,

Would you please try to reduce the number of typos you make? For example, you can use a spell checker. You made 5 spelling mistakes in just one short sentence. Please let me know what you think.
Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, talks: Marketing strategy

grammer vs. grammar #8 (permalink) Sun Nov 16, 2008 20:34 pm   grammer vs. grammar

Hi alll
Well, let me make it clear here. Not all people spell Grammar with E instead of A. I guess, just people whose second foreign language is French cause Grammar in French is Written with an E. It's just a minor problem called "interlanguage" There are other words like Center/centre..... I hope i added sth interesting :D
Englishprof

Location: Morocco

grammer vs. grammar #9 (permalink) Sun Nov 16, 2008 21:06 pm   grammer vs. grammar

I don't agree with the guy who said that grammar is the most important thing to learn in a language. For me, vocabulary is of a vital importance. Look at this image. I strongly believe in this. Imagin your in a windy n cold place. All u need is a little wall to protect you. U have some bricks. Are u gonne wait till u get cement to built that wall or just put a brick on another ? Will that wall protect you from wind and cold or not ? See ? Bircks (= vocabulary ) are more important than cement (= Grammar) :lol: what do u think guys ???
Englishprof

Location: Morocco

grammer vs. grammar #10 (permalink) Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:52 am   grammer vs. grammar

Hi Englishprof. I actually agree with you that grammar is not the MOST important, but it's important.

I also must say that I disagree with your style of writing on an English forum. People who are trying hard to learn standard English will benefit from seeing full words and not text chat. Do "u" agree?
Barb_D

grammer vs. grammar #11 (permalink) Fri Nov 28, 2008 15:50 pm   grammer vs. grammar

Torsten wrote:
Why is that so many learners of English write 'grammer' instead of 'grammar'? Is it just because of the pronunciation of the word? I often wonder why it seems so hard for so many people to use a spell checker when they type their messages.

What do you think?

Hello Torsten,

Thanks for advise I will try that, but what about I wrote to our frind KHan

Best Regards,
Makram

grammar grammar
Makram145

grammer vs. grammar #12 (permalink) Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:33 am   grammer vs. grammar

Hi Makram,

Please read advise vs. advice.

Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, question-response: Do you know why the flight is delayed?

grammer vs. grammar #13 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:07 am   grammer vs. grammar

Grammar misspelled as "grammer" reminds me of the way some would change "more than" into "more then".
Iraqi

grammer vs. grammar #14 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am   grammer vs. grammar

What really makes me wonder,is when native speakers write could/should of done something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why do they say "I could have done it, but write" I could of done it", when it should be a contracted form Could've done it:):)
Natasha81

Location: Sydney, Australia

grammer vs. grammar #15 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 13:58 pm   grammer vs. grammar

You are right, Natasha, "they could of done" much mischief to English.
Iraqi

For or To? | of the hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
why do you say soPlease pass up ... Please go down ...all the whileI expected you at two o'clockever-changing weatherrehabilitist??????????'I don't have a preference'Of the 85 students, an overwhelming majority WAS / WERE identified as ...CHARGEyou wouldn't happen??????????????????????????????"Read page(s) 8 until/till 11."The lower the level of lighting is ... ?What does the word "still" mean ?