choice; assortment; collection of items available to choose
minute
selection
momentum
payroll

What does 'bump into' mean?

Difference between what and would? | meaning of sheer
What does 'bump into' mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2008 14:30 pm   What does 'bump into' mean?

"I hate how one keeps ......... into the one person he or she doesn't want to see. I have tried my hardest to avoid my ex-girlfriend Sally and I have run into her three times in the past month. It isn't like this is a small town," Jeff said to Christian.

(a) stopping
(b) jumping
(c) bumping
(d) discovering

"I hate how one keeps bumping into the one person he or she doesn't want to see. I have tried my hardest to avoid my ex-girlfriend Sally and I have run into her three times in the past month. It isn't like this is a small town," Jeff said to Christian.

Correct answer: (c) bumping
_________________________

walk into
Bumpy

What does 'bump into' mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2008 15:04 pm   What does 'bump into' mean?

'Bump into' means 'meet someone by chance'. 'Walk into' could be simply 'enter' or 'knock into something while you are walking'.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Let's start with the difference between 'in' and 'into'?What does 'hit the papers' mean?heartache vs heartthrobmeaning of medievalMeaning of assetsIs "bottom" a noun or adjective?What's the meaning of "to be dead on one's back?meaning of "write off"What does turnover mean?what is the meaning of suite?It means Enterprise Resource Planning.Expression: He is the king of the castledifference between travelled and tripped