purchase; something that has been purchased or obtained
acquisition
appearance
episode
finish

heartache vs heartthrob

difference between travelled and tripped | What is the difference between 'win' and 'gain'?
heartache vs heartthrob #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:23 am   heartache vs heartthrob

ESL/EFL Test #185 "Expressions with heart: 'heartache', 'heartthrob', 'heartburn'", question 1

Getting over a break-up is hard to do. Instead of wallowing in your ........., try to take positive steps to put your failed relationship behind you.

(a) heartbeat
(b) heartburn
(c) heartache
(d) heartthrob

ESL/EFL Test #185 "Expressions with heart: 'heartache', 'heartthrob', 'heartburn'", answer 1

Getting over a break-up is hard to do. Instead of wallowing in your heartache, try to take positive steps to put your failed relationship behind you.

Correct answer: (c) heartache

Getting over a break-up is hard to do. Instead of wallowing in your heartthrob, try to take positive steps to put your failed relationship behind you.
_________________________

please explain this ?
Rag Ram

heartache vs heartthrob #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 27, 2008 13:45 pm   heartache vs heartthrob

.
A heartache is a romantic sadness; a heartthrob is a romantically attractive person.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
No future in pursuing that sort of discussion?"How do you know?" vs "How do you realize?"Let's start with the difference between 'in' and 'into'?What does 'hit the papers' mean?meaning of medievalMeaning of assetsmeaning of sheerWhat does 'bump into' mean?Difference between what and would?Is "bottom" a noun or adjective?meaning of "write off"Meaning of 'As a matter of fact'What does this idiom mean: to show your hand very often?