inclusive; complete; total; general; without deductions
assistant
mediocre
waste
gross

What does 'hit the papers' mean?

Let's start with the difference between 'in' and 'into'? | "How do you know?" vs "How do you realize?"
What does 'hit the papers' mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 27, 2008 21:39 pm   What does 'hit the papers' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #116 "Paper expressions", question 7

As soon as the story about the scandal became known, it didn't take long to ......... the papers.

(a) strike
(b) attack
(c) hit
(d) thump

ESL/EFL Test #116 "Paper expressions", answer 7

As soon as the story about the scandal became known, it didn't take long to hit the papers.

Correct answer: (c) hit
_________________________

I don't see how those verbs could be related to "the papers". So it's a little hard for me to choose the good answer.
Yahiaoui

What does 'hit the papers' mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 28, 2008 13:50 pm   What does 'hit the papers' mean?

.
'Hit the papers' = be published in the newspapers; become news.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'never' vs 'not ever'The important factor vs. the important thing?No future in pursuing that sort of discussion?What does 'to hang out together' mean?heartache vs heartthrobmeaning of medievalMeaning of assetsmeaning of sheerWhat does 'bump into' mean?Meaning of 'As a matter of fact'What does pip-pot mean?difference between travelled and trippedWhat does this idiom mean: to show your hand very often?