to occupy; to live in; to dwell in; to reside in; to populate
phone
exit
inhabit
edge

What does 'go along with' mean?

Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented? | What does mean "doing damage control"?
What does 'go along with' mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 28, 2008 13:54 pm   What does 'go along with' mean?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Ways of disapproving", question 6

They can't possibly go ......... with your suggestions because it will involve too much expenditure.

(a) over
(b) along
(c) in
(d) above

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Ways of disapproving", answer 6

They can't possibly go along with your suggestions because it will involve too much expenditure.

Correct answer: (b) along

They can't possibly go in with your suggestions because it will involve too much expenditure.
_________________________

Hello Teachers

Why dont we use "go in with" here? What is the diference between Go in with and go along with?
_________________
Reach an agreement as ploughing, don't let argument happen at crops.
Thunu

Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

What does 'go along with' mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:59 am   What does 'go along with' mean?

.
'Go in with' means 'join', which is not the intention here. 'Go along with' means 'agree to, follow'.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'go along with' mean? #3 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 20:22 pm   What does 'go along with' mean?

Good Evening!
Is this sentence correct:
She is going along with her best friend.
Luby

What does 'go along with' mean? #4 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 23:44 pm   What does 'go along with' mean?

As it stands, yes, but presumably they are going somewhere.
_________________

I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.Isn't it true that the smartest girl is the intelligence one?Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?Dose 'Get over' mean 'Calm down' or 'Control yourself'?Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'Does that mean your boss will trust you and will give you higher position?Email feels private, but it's anything but.Why not entirely?Meaning of 'turn down'What is the meaning of outstanding shares?act like means doing like s.b.What does 'in their right mind' mean?What does 'ground to open up and swallow me' mean?