to give in to desire; to yield to; to satisfy; to spoil; to humor
suppose
indulge
halt
hazard

What does 'to hang out together' mean?

No future in pursuing that sort of discussion? | The important factor vs. the important thing?
What does 'to hang out together' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 am   What does 'to hang out together' mean?

"Do you want to come to my house for a cup of coffee so we can catch up? It's been a long time since we hung ......... together," Linda said to Brandy.

(a) on
(b) off
(c) over
(d) out

"Do you want to come to my house for a cup of coffee so we can catch up? It's been a long time since we hung out together," Linda said to Brandy.

Correct answer: (d) out

"Do you want to come to my house for a cup of coffee so we can catch up? It's been a long time since we hung on together," Linda said to Brandy.
_________________________

Please help me! To hang out together?
Babi

What does 'to hang out together' mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:59 am   What does 'to hang out together' mean?

Hi Babi,

'Hang out together' is an expression suggesting that you spend some time with somebody - having fun/sharing interests/doing things together with friends.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'slip up' mean?Energy efficiency vs economic efficiency?Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"'never' vs 'not ever'Phrase: I have ever once visited the country"How do you know?" vs "How do you realize?"Phrase: You could tell by the way he refused...Let's start with the difference between 'in' and 'into'?What does 'hit the papers' mean?Meaning of 'As a matter of fact'What does pip-pot mean?What does this idiom mean: to show your hand very often?What does penned mean?