to bear; to endure
validate
withstand
refer
voyage

What are job redundancies? Is this an idiom?

The cheapest way | Uniform products
What are job redundancies? Is this an idiom? #1 (permalink) Sun May 15, 2005 20:54 pm   What are job redundancies? Is this an idiom?

Test No. errors/advan-2 "Please, remind me", question 5

After about an one hour the director appeared and announced that there would be no redundancies.

(a) an one hour
(b) appeared
(c) would
(d) redundancies

Test No. errors/advan-2 "Please, remind me", answer 5

After about an hour the director appeared and announced that there would be no redundancies.

Correct entry: an hour
The error was: (a) an one hour
_________________________

How can you say 1 hour in another way,and what does "redundancies" mean?
alphonse elric

An/one #2 (permalink) Sun May 15, 2005 21:03 pm   An/one

You can either say after one hour or after an hour but not both at the same time.

If you lose your job, you are made redundant, which means you are no longer needed. When a business or company has to reduce the number of its staff, people are made redundant and the word for jobs lost is redundancies.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
The cheapest way | Uniform products
End up in the ditchWe must part companyWhat does this phrasal verb mean: 'call in at'?Difference between appetite and cravingI would never say thatEndangered speciesVal, this is for you:Make a down paymentDifference between looking for and searching forMeaning of "Registered post"Difference between fall asleep and fall into sleepDifference between matter and businessAccidents will happen