make-up; constitution; essay
density
enrichment
composition
lock

Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"

Energy efficiency vs economic efficiency? | Can't play ostrich?
Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's" #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 15:07 pm   Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"

"I am sorry that my mother made that off-the-......... comment to you about seeing your family. I know that she doesn't mean that you shouldn't see your family and that you should only see ours. I think she was trying to make a joke and, at the same time, tell you that she likes having you here in her own strange way," Brent said to Lisa.

(a) whack
(b) parapet
(c) wall
(d) shoe

"I am sorry that my mother made that off-the-wall comment to you about seeing your family. I know that she doesn't mean that you shouldn't see your family and that you should only see ours. I think she was trying to make a joke and, at the same time, tell you that she likes having you here in her own strange way," Brent said to Lisa.

Correct answer: (c) wall
_________________________

If I am sending Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"

Duo
Duo

Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's" #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 19:44 pm   Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"

All you need here is an 's' on its own to show the plural.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Phrase 'I relish chatting with those who...'The boss came too. vs The boss came both.Can't we use "up and down"? What is up and away mean?What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confessWhat does 'slip up' mean?earth vs heckPaying back with your own coin?decide vs. select'never' vs 'not ever'Phrase: I have ever once visited the countryThe important factor vs. the important thing?What does 'to hang out together' mean?Phrase: You could tell by the way he refused...