movement of vehicles or persons; trade; commerce; load of messages in a communications network
traffic
leakage
mention
symposium

What does 'slip up' mean?

Difference between admitted and admittedly | Energy efficiency vs economic efficiency?
What does 'slip up' mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 17:31 pm   What does 'slip up' mean?

"You shouldn't've embarrassed her in front of her boss. Now she'll be waiting for you to slip ........., and if you do, she'll fire you. She's a very vengeful person," Chen said to Eric.

(a) down
(b) up
(c) short
(d) out

"You shouldn't've embarrassed her in front of her boss. Now she'll be waiting for you to slip up, and if you do, she'll fire you. She's a very vengeful person," Chen said to Eric.

Correct answer: (b) up

"You shouldn't've embarrassed her in front of her boss. Now she'll be waiting for you to slip out, and if you do, she'll fire you. She's a very vengeful person," Chen said to Eric.
_________________________

the meaning of slip up =
Slippy

What does 'slip up' mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 19:36 pm   What does 'slip up' mean?

'Slip up' means make a small mistake.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can't we use "up and down"? What is up and away mean?What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confessChristmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"earth vs heckCan't play ostrich?Paying back with your own coin?decide vs. select'never' vs 'not ever'Phrase: I have ever once visited the countryThe important factor vs. the important thing?No future in pursuing that sort of discussion?What does 'to hang out together' mean?Phrase: You could tell by the way he refused...