to wither; to die out; to bleach; to disappear
authorize
fade
weigh
revive

What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confess

Walking around in a maze | Can't we use "up and down"? What is up and away mean?
What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confess #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 am   What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confess

ESL/EFL Test #40 "The News", question 5

If child A steals child B's exercise book, child A will have to stand up in front of the school and ......... to being a thief.

(a) conduce
(b) confess
(c) conduct
(d) conform

ESL/EFL Test #40 "The News", answer 5

If child A steals child B's exercise book, child A will have to stand up in front of the school and confess to being a thief.

Correct answer: (b) confess

_________________________

"... and confess to being a thief."

I dont understand the usage of "confess to".

What if we remove "to" from the above sentence like "...of the school and confess being a thief"??

HELP!!

CEO Neeraj
Ceo Neeraj

What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confess #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:00 am   What if we remove 'to' from the above sentence like '...of the school and confess

You confess your sins but confess to committing sins.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Alone or lonely?Expression: "in the right order"Phrase 'I relish chatting with those who...'The boss came too. vs The boss came both.Phrase: completely lost track of what he was sayingWhat does 'slip up' mean?Energy efficiency vs economic efficiency?Christmas cards is it "The Smiths" or "The Smith's"earth vs heckCan't play ostrich?Paying back with your own coin?decide vs. selectPhrase: You could tell by the way he refused...