opening of a show; first public appearance
influx
debut
allowance
buyer

What does fall or autumn mean?

What does 'fall flat' mean? | What does 'multiple choice test' mean?
What does fall or autumn mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 07, 2008 20:25 pm   What does fall or autumn mean?

ESL/EFL Test #709 "Time of the Year", question 7

A: I suppose you're talking about the season the Americans call the fall and the British call the ..........

(a) browning
(b) autumn
(c) ending
(d) closing

ESL/EFL Test #709 "Time of the Year", answer 7

A: I suppose you're talking about the season the Americans call the fall and the British call the autumn.

Correct answer: (b) autumn
_________________________

can you explan this question?
Ondly

What does fall or autumn mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:59 am   What does fall or autumn mean?

.
Fall = autumn = the season when the leaves drop from the trees and the weather cools in the northern temperate zone.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?nothing vs. anything and should vs. wouldThe plane departs?What does "all good" mean?Good luck vs. best luck?Why could we not say 'an actual prototype' instead of the given answer?What does 'depressed' mean?Alone or lonely?Expression: "in the right order"Phrase 'I relish chatting with those who...'The boss came too. vs The boss came both.Phrase: completely lost track of what he was sayingdifference between "gaffe" and "blunder"