must (indicating duty or obligation); would (softening the statement)
withdraw
jeopardy
should
entrust

nothing vs. anything and should vs. would

The plane departs? | A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?
nothing vs. anything and should vs. would #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:49 am   nothing vs. anything and should vs. would

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 4

A. Well I would say that I haven't got nothing more to say except of course that I do need the money and that's it.

(a) would
(b) nothing
(c) course

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 4

A. Well I would say that I haven't got anything more to say except of course that I do need the money and that's it.

Correct entry: anything
The error was: (b) nothing
_________________________

should?
Tran

nothing vs. anything and should vs. would #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 am   nothing vs. anything and should vs. would

.
'Should' could replace 'would', but 'nothing' is wrong, so that's the right answer.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why the verb in present, if here says yesterday?Difference between "look into" and "look over"What does the phrase "come down with" mean?'passed up' vs 'handed in'What does "all good" mean?Good luck vs. best luck?What is the difference between 'let' and 'make'?Why could we not say 'an actual prototype' instead of the given answer?What does 'multiple choice test' mean?What does 'depressed' mean?What does fall or autumn mean?What does 'fall flat' mean?what does come out mean?