occurring at fixed intervals; normal; usual; ordinary; common
dismal
terrible
perfect
regular

A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?

nothing vs. anything and should vs. would | What does "all good" mean?
A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 am   A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 7

Q. Now a question about the sort of person you really are, particularly when it comes to children. Do you have a lot of patients?

(a) really
(b) particularly
(c) patients

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 7

Q. Now a question about the sort of person you really are, particularly when it comes to children. Do you have a lot of patience?

Correct entry: patience
The error was: (c) patients
_________________________

patient
Tran

A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 am   A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?

.
Patient (n): a doctor's customer.
Patient (adj): calmly suffering delay.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Can we say 'talking in a high voice' instead...? Will it mean the same?Why the verb in present, if here says yesterday?Difference between "look into" and "look over"What does the phrase "come down with" mean?The plane departs?'passed up' vs 'handed in'Good luck vs. best luck?What is the difference between 'let' and 'make'?Why could we not say 'an actual prototype' instead of the given answer?What does 'multiple choice test' mean?What does 'depressed' mean?What does fall or autumn mean?What does 'fall flat' mean?