to organize; to arrange; to give form to
suggest
harmonize
resonate
structure

Difference between "look into" and "look over"

What is the difference between 'let' and 'make'? | Why the verb in present, if here says yesterday?
Difference between "look into" and "look over" #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:08 am   Difference between "look into" and "look over"

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'look'", question 3

My attorney advised me ......... the terms and conditions of the insurance policy several times so that I was fully aware of what I was getting myself into.

(a) to look after
(b) to look over
(c) to look into
(d) to look up

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'look'", answer 3

My attorney advised me to look over the terms and conditions of the insurance policy several times so that I was fully aware of what I was getting myself into.

Correct answer: (b) to look over

_________________________

Hello Teachers

Can you explain the difference between "look into" and "look over" for me, please?

Thank you
_________________
Reach an agreement as ploughing, don't let argument happen at crops.
Thunu

Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Difference between "look into" and "look over" #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:09 am   Difference between "look into" and "look over"

To look over means to review or double check information. To look into means to research or find information initially.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
how could we now if it is verb or adverb or noun?how to do a speech?What does squirrel mean?Usage of the term "graduating college"Can we say 'talking in a high voice' instead...? Will it mean the same?What does the phrase "come down with" mean?A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?nothing vs. anything and should vs. wouldThe plane departs?'passed up' vs 'handed in'What does "all good" mean?Good luck vs. best luck?Why could we not say 'an actual prototype' instead of the given answer?