to place between other things; to throw into the center of
cure
circle
interject
jeopardize

What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean?

lead to vs. result in | How many rainbows are there in a year?
What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 13, 2008 15:17 pm   What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: 'aftermath', 'afterthought', 'afterbirth'", question 5

The ......... is delivered during the third stage of labour.

(a) afterthought
(b) afterlife
(c) aftertaste
(d) afterbirth

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: 'aftermath', 'afterthought', 'afterbirth'", answer 5

The afterbirth is delivered during the third stage of labour.

Correct answer: (d) afterbirth
_________________________

Hello Teachers

Thank you
_________________
Reach an agreement as ploughing, don't let argument happen at crops.
Thunu

Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 13, 2008 18:34 pm   What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean?

Labour (or 'labor' in AmE) is the term for the process of birthing a baby. A stage here refers to a period or step in the process.

There a 3 distinct stages in labor, with certain things happening in each stage, and according to our sentence, the afterbirth is delivered during this last stage.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
How does this affect the relationships that God created?accept vs agreeThank you for vs. thank to?infra red vs. infraredWhat does "roaming agreement" mean?Can you explain the meaning of the phrase "cell broadcasts"?What does "self-timer" mean?how could we now if it is verb or adverb or noun?how to do a speech?head back vs head turnWhat does squirrel mean?Usage of the term "graduating college"Can we say 'talking in a high voice' instead...? Will it mean the same?