to be similar to; to be akin to; to look like; to have a similar appearance to
resemble
sum
exact
obtain

How many rainbows are there in a year?

What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean? | What does 'pick up that piece of paper' mean?
How many rainbows are there in a year? #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 13, 2008 21:43 pm   How many rainbows are there in a year?

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", question 1

Sometimes, an arch or arc of color forms after a rain shower. This arch, or commonly known as a rain ........., is beautiful because it reveals different bands of colors and can be seen for miles.

(a) back
(b) bow
(c) head

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", answer 1

Sometimes, an arch or arc of color forms after a rain shower. This arch, or commonly known as a rain bow, is beautiful because it reveals different bands of colors and can be seen for miles.

Correct answer: (b) bow
_________________________

how many rain bow is there in a year
Justmeagain

How many rainbows are there in a year? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:47 am   How many rainbows are there in a year?

It depends on where you live, how often it rains, and what the atmospheric conditions are.

Also, please note your question should read "How many rainbows are there in a year?".
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
How does this affect the relationships that God created?accept vs agreeThank you for vs. thank to?infra red vs. infraredWhat does "roaming agreement" mean?Can you explain the meaning of the phrase "cell broadcasts"?What does "self-timer" mean?how could we now if it is verb or adverb or noun?how to do a speech?head back vs head turnWhat does squirrel mean?Usage of the term "graduating college"Can we say 'talking in a high voice' instead...? Will it mean the same?