to devise; to conceive; to develop; to plan
promise
consider
formulate
replay

'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'

What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"? | A regular show?
'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated' #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:17 am   'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'

ESL/EFL Test #132 "Conference Advice", question 6

The importance of conferences is not the seminars or workshops, but the refreshment breaks and chatting at the bar after the day is ..........

(a) accumulated
(b) cancelled
(c) discussed
(d) done

ESL/EFL Test #132 "Conference Advice", answer 6

The importance of conferences is not the seminars or workshops, but the refreshment breaks and chatting at the bar after the day is done.

Correct answer: (d) done

The importance of conferences is not the seminars or workshops, but the refreshment breaks and chatting at the bar after the day is accumulated.
_________________________

why not accmulated?

Nimas
Nimas

'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated' #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:19 am   'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'

.
A day cannot 'accumulate'.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated' #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 25, 2009 16:26 pm   'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'

So what does "the day is done" mean, please? Sorry it was posted long ago, however I found it while searching for the meaning of it in the forum.

K1ngk0ng

'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated' #4 (permalink) Tue Aug 25, 2009 23:34 pm   'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'

After the day is done = at the end of the day.
_________________

What does mortgage and pre-approved mean?What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?what is butcher?'On hand' = 'in stock'"possibly" vs "probably"Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?