injurious; causing damage
critical
arbitrary
sharp
harmful

'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.'

where should I put the time and place? | at every level
'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.' #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 16, 2008 22:51 pm   'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.'

''I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.''
I read this sentence and couldn't know what the writer wants to convey to the reader ?

one last question
Is it good to use convey in my above question ?

Thank you very much in advance ;-)!
Mrxkms

'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.' #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:53 am   'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.'

Hi Mrxkhms,

'Convey' is a perfect use of the verb in your sentence. I would say the writer is suggesting he is totally happy with the way life has treated him and that he wouldn't want his experiences (things that have happened to him) to be in any way different from what they actually were.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Is aggressiveness a positive quality?English vocabulary, grammer and idiomsshall and other modalsI have been hearing"try to do" or "try doing"such a distance from / too far back2 year old vs 2 years oldI wash myself?What is the difference between keen and eager?order or ordersOn earth or On the earth...You did a good effort.I spoke to you on the telephone. vs I spoke to you over the telephone.