Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

also; too; as well
nearby
either
pretty
least
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

where should I put the time and place?

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
2 year old vs 2 years old | 'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.'
listening exercises
where should I put the time and place? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:52 am   where should I put the time and place?

Hi everyone,

Below is a communication with my client.

Please note the batch enroll has been done as requested for First Things First on Dec.19 in Shanghai.

Here the first thing first is the course name. My colleague told me I make a mistake of placing date and place. She suggested me to write it in this way:

Please note the batch enroll has been done as requested for First Things First in Shanghai on Dec.19.

Should you tell me the right way to put the date and place? thank you.
Liqichao
I'm here quite often ;-)

where should I put the time and place? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 am   where should I put the time and place?

Hi,

I would suggest that you choose the word order which indicates what you want to stress. If the place is more important, then that comes first. If the date is more important, put that first.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
2 year old vs 2 years old | 'I wouldn't change a thing that has happened to me.'
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Is aggressiveness a positive quality?English vocabulary, grammer and idiomsshall and other modalsI have been hearing"try to do" or "try doing"such a distance from / too far backI wash myself?at every levelWhat is the difference between keen and eager?On earth or On the earth...You did a good effort.I spoke to you on the telephone. vs I spoke to you over the telephone.The Direct Object and the verb "to be"?