to explain; to give a report; to cause; to regard
internationalize
account
use
conclude

Why it could not be "expressed fashion"?

everything vs. anything | sound vs speech
Why it could not be "expressed fashion"? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 17:44 pm   Why it could not be "expressed fashion"?

"Hi, Jim. I understand that you have to have all of the information into the accountants today. The information you need will be there in a .......... I am going to get to work on it right now and I should be finished in about a half-hour," Richard replied

(a) jiffy
(b) expressed fashion
(c) overtly
(d) asymptote

"Hi, Jim. I understand that you have to have all of the information into the accountants today. The information you need will be there in a jiffy. I am going to get to work on it right now and I should be finished in about a half-hour," Richard replied

Correct answer: (a) jiffy

"Hi, Jim. I understand that you have to have all of the information into the accountants today. The information you need will be there in a expressed fashion. I am going to get to work on it right now and I should be finished in about a half-hour," Richard replied
_________________________

Why it could not be " expressed fashion" the right answer?

Thank you so much for all the work you do for us.

Isaiaas
Isaiaas

Why it could not be "expressed fashion"? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:43 am   Why it could not be "expressed fashion"?

.
Well, besides the fact that it is not a natural English expression, the article preceding it would have to be 'an', not 'a'.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Trouble with my mother?That's that vs. that's it?meaning of "surviving an array"'meet with someone's approval' mean someone agrees with something?Meaning of "stuck out a mile"Balmy weather vs Frosty weatherGood test!What does "walks of life" mean?What does 'put off' mean?What does fed up mean?Meaning of the term 'stage hand'Misunderstanding vs. blunderMeaning of whisper