unlicensed; forbidden; unlawful
unauthorized
consistent
weak
prime

Can you start with "Where"

fact or opinion in reading | What does "there comes a certain point..." mean?
Can you start with "Where" #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:12 pm   Can you start with "Where"

Is sentence 2 okay. 1. We met in Denver. 2. Where I learned how to cook pasta.

If I wrote sentence (1) and then followed it with sentence (2) is this use of "where" okay? Can "where" start a declarative sentence??

Thanks in Advance for your thoughtful input. I always enjoy my discussions here. Belles
Belles1654

Can you start with "Where" #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 21:56 pm   Can you start with "Where"

Generally you can not start a declarative sentence with " where". Sentence two is not a complete or accurate sentence.
Nancydrose

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Can you start with "Where" #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:43 pm   Can you start with "Where"

You cannot use sentence 2 alone, that is "Where I learned how to cook pasta", because it's a clause that cannot stand alone(It's an Adverb clause).
You can write >> We met in Denver, where I learned how to cook pasta.
_________________
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

Bing complete. vs Bing claer. vs Bing specific.Usage of preposition 'to' in transformation of active to passivesend or sentSentence: 'If we do it right now, our friend won’t be concerned about this'Which certificate need for my job verification?Sentence: We will modify the file and will upload that.Sentence: "We shall do it = We have to/should do it."d _s _ r_ p_ n _y and w_ _ r _ a _How can we express each other intentions and meanings without understanding?Please, kindly ... application for or to the Accounts Clerkcomparatives and superlativesAre there any students in the classroom?What does "to depict animals as the main characters" mean?