inability to succeed; lack of success; lack; bankruptcy; downfall
replacement
failure
line
tailor

d _s _ r_ p_ n _y and w_ _ r _ a _

Vocabulary woes | Please, kindly ... application for or to the Accounts Clerk
d _s _ r_ p_ n _y and w_ _ r _ a _ #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:49 pm   d _s _ r_ p_ n _y and w_ _ r _ a _

who could help me to guess what are the hidden letters in the two following words:
1) d _s _ r_ p_ n _y. the context is - there seems to be a large d_s_r_p_n_y between the number of people employed in service industries and those employed in the primary sector.
2) w_ _ r _ a _ . the context is - Britain's economy is largely based on its industry,
w_ _ r _ a _ a few hundred years ago it was an agrarian country.
pleeeease smb help me. i need to do this task urgently.
Thanks in advance
Roman45

Location: Moscow

d _s _ r_ p_ n _y & w_ _ r _ a _ #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 17, 2008 21:50 pm   d _s _ r_ p_ n _y & w_ _ r _ a _

the answer is discrepancy and whereas
Nancydrose

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Sentence: 'If we do it right now, our friend won’t be concerned about this'Which certificate need for my job verification?Sentence: We will modify the file and will upload that.Sentence: "We shall do it = We have to/should do it."What does "there comes a certain point..." mean?Can you start with "Where"How can we express each other intentions and meanings without understanding?fact or opinion in readingcomparatives and superlativesAre there any students in the classroom?What does "to depict animals as the main characters" mean?Is aggressiveness a positive quality?shall and other modals