assembly; meeting; convention; cluster; collection
composure
site
gratuity
gathering

What does "there comes a certain point..." mean?

Can you start with "Where" | comparatives and superlatives
What does "there comes a certain point..." mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:49 am   What does "there comes a certain point..." mean?

I've seen this sentence before, but I can't catch the exact meaning. So, I post here for your help. If you could give some examples, that would be better. Thanks in advance.

I've seen it in this sentence, "There comes a certain point when you just know you’ve had enough of life."

Besides, does "I've had enough of something/somebody" mean I'm tired of something/somebody, I'm annoyed with it. Am I right?
Many thanks to you who can help me.
Hongrui

What does "there comes a certain point..." mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:29 am   What does "there comes a certain point..." mean?

.
There comes a certain point when you just know you’ve had enough of life-- This is not an idiom. Point= time, stage, position.

Besides, does "I've had enough of something/somebody" mean I'm tired of something/somebody, I'm annoyed with it. Am I right?-- You are right.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
relative pronoun when the antecedent is an animalBing complete. vs Bing claer. vs Bing specific.Usage of preposition 'to' in transformation of active to passivesend or sentSentence: 'If we do it right now, our friend won’t be concerned about this'Which certificate need for my job verification?Sentence: We will modify the file and will upload that.Sentence: "We shall do it = We have to/should do it."d _s _ r_ p_ n _y and w_ _ r _ a _How can we express each other intentions and meanings without understanding?fact or opinion in readingPlease, kindly ... application for or to the Accounts ClerkAre there any students in the classroom?