Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

opening; breach; hiatus; space; great difference; disparity
conviction
frequency
incinerator
gap
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Balmy weather vs Frosty weather

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
sound vs speech | Misunderstanding vs. blunder
listening exercises
Balmy weather vs Frosty weather #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:34 am   Balmy weather vs Frosty weather

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", question 10

......... weather refers to gentle, soothing or mild temperatures not extreme or harsh weather conditions.

(a) Nippy
(b) Balmy
(c) Frosty

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", answer 10

Balmy weather refers to gentle, soothing or mild temperatures not extreme or harsh weather conditions.

Correct answer: (b) Balmy

Your answer was: incorrect
Frosty weather refers to gentle, soothing or mild temperatures not extreme or harsh weather conditions.

why do you use this word?

Inigma
Inigma

Balmy weather vs Frosty weather #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:44 pm   Balmy weather vs Frosty weather

Hello Inigma,
I'm not sure which word you are referring to. Also, your question should read "Why did you use this word?"
Both words - balmy and frosty - are used in the English language so I'm wondering if you could be more specific as well.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
sound vs speech | Misunderstanding vs. blunder
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Trouble with my mother?That's that vs. that's it?Opportunity vs. occasion.meaning of "surviving an array"Expression: screaming point'meet with someone's approval' mean someone agrees with something?Meaning of "stuck out a mile"everything vs. anythingGood test!Why it could not be "expressed fashion"?What does "walks of life" mean?What does 'put off' mean?What does fed up mean?