Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

nature; disposition; attitude; figure; person; statement of qualities
levy
vessel
character
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Usage of incidents, happenings, experiences, events

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
instinct for/in and right/proper thing? | English grammar puzzle
listening exercises
Usage of incidents, happenings, experiences, events #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 18, 2008 13:47 pm   Usage of incidents, happenings, experiences, events

Choose between them filling the space below :

"I must tell you about my ......... when I first arrived in London "

All seem to have difference about meanings , however , to choose one , I'm confused . Because they are , despite difference , alright to fill in space, i think .

Help me , please !
Thanks in advance
Giang93
You can meet me at english-test.net

Usage of incidents, happenings, experiences, events #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:12 am   Usage of incidents, happenings, experiences, events

Only "experiences" would be put into that space by a native speaker, I would say.

The other three would always indicate something that the person didn't cause himself, so we would not use them after "my". A person often causes his own experiences, so that word would frequently come after "my".
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
instinct for/in and right/proper thing? | English grammar puzzle
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Just Nerves: All part of the cool Turkey experience...Usage of "As a speaker"Meaning of "showdown time"Sentense: Feedback is important to provide continuous evaluation of outcomes...He hasn't cleaned that room of his in a monthwhen there is 's'Single or plural? Apple vs applesLit and Lightedrelative pronoun when the antecedent is an animal"put up for order" or "put up for orders"?use of in and intoBing complete. vs Bing claer. vs Bing specific.Usage of preposition 'to' in transformation of active to passive