to segregate; to set apart; to split; to divide; to disconnect
separate
regulate
expel
pipe

what does "hail" mean?

diference between "speak" and "talk" | meaning of "meat market"
what does "hail" mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 22, 2008 15:24 pm   what does "hail" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #114 "Weather Test (1)", question 3

If the weather forecast is predicting hail, you will likely see some ......... fall from the sky.

(a) light rain
(b) light snow
(c) balls of ice

ESL/EFL Test #114 "Weather Test (1)", answer 3

If the weather forecast is predicting hail, you will likely see some balls of ice fall from the sky.

Correct answer: (c) balls of ice
_________________________

what does "hail" mean?

Efim
Efim

what does "hail" mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 22, 2008 17:39 pm   what does "hail" mean?

Hello Efim,
Hail is ice that falls from the sky (usually in very stormy weather). Hail is, literally, balls of ice that fall from the sky. Hail size can vary and can cause damage to cars, windows etc.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Why "ever" instead of "always"?never vs. ever?What does "plum job" mean?meaning of "cat's pajamas"What does "white on rice" mean?Idiom: Rubber CheckWhat does "unknown quantity" means?Opportunity vs. occasion.Expression: screaming pointtoday vs tomorrowWhat's the difference between win and gain?have a crack: Is that have a try/go?aggression vs persuasion