separation of the more volatile parts of a substance from those less volatile
distillation
imminence
savage
bullock

How should I start SATŪ preparing?

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test
The quality and attention to detail is apparent. | SATŪ scholarship
How should I start SAT preparing? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 18:44 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

hello.
i will be taking my sat on the 24th of January.
i've just finished exams, so i wasn't able to start preparing earlier.
BUT OH NO, I ONLY HAVE LIKE A MONTH LEFT.
:cry: :?
do you believe that is enough time?
and how should i start preparing?
your help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
:)

ALSO, if someone would know of a site where i can post a sat practice essay and have it graded, it would be a huge amount of help. THANK YOU SO MUCH. :D
Sputniksignals

How should I start SAT preparing? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:26 am   How should I start SAT preparing?

have you taken any practice exams? this will give you a better sense on where you are and how to get where you want to be.

College Board has its own book of tests (8 from what i recall), if you haven't already, take some full tests under testing conditions to figure out your goal score, strengths and weaknesses.

based on that, target either your weak spots or analyze which areas you can improve most efficiently. Since you only have 1 month, you should decide where your time is best spent.

e.g. if your math score is higher than writing, but you are good in math or are confident in it, you may just want to try and max out your math score (esp since you don't have a lot of time)

if you need to boost your critical reading score quickly, try using the Princeton Review's Hit Parade - it has a lot of the common SAT vocab words that are used. For the long term, reading and looking at new vocab will help here.
There are some neat ways to easily remember words here: http://teennotebook.com/2008/03/26/excercises-to-really-learn-vocabulary/

good luck!
Medkid06

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
How should I start SAT preparing? #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:00 am   How should I start SAT preparing?

@Sputnik: Now you around 16 days left for the exams....I think the best way to go about is...appear for some practice tests..based upon your performance ...focus on Maths or English (specific topics)...then again appear for tests and evaluate your performance.

You can post your essays and get it graded. link for the same is: http://sat.learnhub.com . Post your essay one of the expert will either mail you or call you to give you feedback. There are more than 6000 students appearing for SAT 2009 are posting their queries, that will also help you.
Saumil.shrivastava

How should I start SAT preparing? #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:11 am   How should I start SAT preparing?

For Essays you can do this: sat.learnhub.com/lesson/page/1506-how-to-structure-a-clear-essay
Saumil.shrivastava

How should I start SAT preparing? #5 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:10 am   How should I start SAT preparing?

For essay, you better check out this one: http://www.academichacker.com/sat-essay/how-to-write-a-12-essay-in-just-10-day-part-1-4/

It's a guaranteed 12 and anyone can do it. The essay portion is the most predictable portion, so it's not about the English level, it's about knowing the way, and THAT is the way. Good luck!
Johnmarydoe

How should I start SAT preparing? #6 (permalink) Wed Mar 18, 2009 15:56 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

First get The college Board's Official SAT study guide has all you need from test taking strategy to 8 sample SAT tests. It is by the people who make the test so you cant get closer to the real thing. Then get the book Answers and Explanations by Peter Tanguay. It gives you the FASTEST way to answer the 8 sample tests in the college board's official SAT study guide. Any book can show you how to answer these questions, this book shows you how to get them the Fastest way. Since the SAT is a timed test this is what you really need.
Peter Tanguay

How should I start SAT preparing? #7 (permalink) Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:47 am   How should I start SAT preparing?

Well...since you mention you have a very short time.Reading things and remembering them is going to be a tough ask.How about using some video lectures.They would be very helpful and quick way of learning things.You can find them at this site www.grevocabulary.org
Eflect

How should I start SAT preparing? #8 (permalink) Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:30 am   How should I start SAT preparing?

blue book all the way
Tennisstar99

How should I start SAT preparing? #9 (permalink) Thu Dec 17, 2009 23:12 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

I like BB and Princeton Review. Kaplan is a little too easy IMO. Have you considered ebooks as well? There are a lot of ebooks aimed at specific scores and they outline the study plan you'll need to achieve that score. I used http://www.my-sat.com/index.html, because it's affordable and comes with a lot of extras. A friend of mine used Nova's SAT ebook and did well too, but I did better. I only got 1700 on my first practice test, but when it came time for the real thing, I walked away with 2200! I bet you can do it too, just find what works for you!
Bolandnm

Location: Seattle

How should I start SAT preparing? #10 (permalink) Mon Feb 08, 2010 22:47 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

you should start by buying couple of preparation books - i usually buy mine from half.com, bc they are cheap- and then take practice tests....i use practicethesat.com, bc its free and their material is really good and bc they give out $20 to the top scorer ea week....a++
Robertbergen1490

How should I start SAT preparing? #11 (permalink) Sat Feb 20, 2010 15:24 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

good stuff Robert; i have been using them too to practice every saturday morning; your right its awesome
Carafernandes191

How should I start SAT preparing? #12 (permalink) Fri Apr 02, 2010 16:42 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

no problem, i lke to share good and useful stuff....see you tomorrow at the test 11am est...
Robertbergen1490

Re: How should I start SAT preparing? #13 (permalink) Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:57 am   Re: How should I start SAT preparing?

I found a site: www.perfect800.com. They offer hundreds of free SAT Math questions, and you can sort by difficulty and question type, so you can really pick problems that work for you. They also have leveling up and challenges which give it a video game like feel. It's awesome!
Mathwhiz

How should I start SAT preparing? #14 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 19:50 pm   How should I start SAT preparing?

you can try this software and tell us how much it was useful to build vocabularies
http://freevocabtest.com
FreeVocabtest

Re: How should I start SAT preparing? #15 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 pm   Re: How should I start SAT preparing?

One of my friend joined THe Chopras for SAT,and in short time he did really well, you can try contacting them.Along with that you can do some hard self work too.Wish you all the luck.
Kunsanju

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
Solution Manual to BB16 Real Biology tests collegeboard (120 $ only )Any one from south koria !!any one jave oct 2012 national ?!offer! more than 30 tests include(jan 2013- 0ct 2012 - all may sunday)35 $ onlykaplan SATŪ or barron's SATŪ?writing multiple-choiceSelling SATŪ, OLD SATŪ, ONLINE COURSE and AP tests and LOOKING FOR OCT 2012!!!!Selling SATŪ QAS and AP tests at $4 for each!!!!!!!!!!!!QASA guidance to recommend you: <SATŪ Critical Reading Game> by James HongESL tutor offerNotice: Lambents is a scammer