Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

acceptance; event in which guests are formally welcomed by their host; check-in
irritation
tie
representative
reception
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
help plz | Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2
listening exercises
Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"? #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:26 am   Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #329 "English Slang Idioms (50)", question 8

"We have to find a new captain. The ship went down and its captain is in Davey Jones' .........," the commodore told the admiral.

(a) caboose
(b) dungeon
(c) locker
(d) treasure

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #329 "English Slang Idioms (50)", answer 8

"We have to find a new captain. The ship went down and its captain is in Davey Jones' locker," the commodore told the admiral.

Correct answer: (c) locker

Hi,
I have looked up the dictionary but I failed to find out the definiton of "Davey Jone's locker". Can anyone help me?
Zishuli
You can meet me at english-test.net

Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"? #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:54 am   Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?

The ocean, especially as a place where sailors are lost or drown.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"? #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 14, 2010 15:55 pm   Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?

Does it mean that its captain got lost somewhere in the open sea?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"? #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 14, 2010 23:20 pm   Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?

No. It means the ship sank and its captain sank with it.

help plz | Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/elem-296, Question 6Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 6Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 7Test incompl/inter-330, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 7Does to cut one's losses mean to stop one's losses?Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 1Test incompl/inter-307, Question 8Test incompl/inter-306, Question 1Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?I don't give two hoots about who wins?Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?Does in coon's age mean for ages?