full; packed; crammed together
crowded
prize
impressive
overt

Garbage in garbage out kind of thing?

I take my turn at advising our clients | meaning of preferment
Garbage in garbage out kind of thing? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:39 am   Garbage in garbage out kind of thing?

"I am sorry your speakers aren't working. I know the company that makes them uses really cheap, substandard parts to fabricate something that looks like a speaker. It is kind of a garbage in, ......... out kind of thing," Jed told Sarah.

(a) genuine
(b) good
(c) garbage
(d) quality

"I am sorry your speakers aren't working. I know the company that makes them uses really cheap, substandard parts to fabricate something that looks like a speaker. It is kind of a garbage in, garbage out kind of thing," Jed told Sarah.

Correct answer: (c) garbage

_________________________

There are two " kind of" in the clause " It is kind of a garbage in, garbage out kind of thing". I wonder is it an acceptable structure ?
Zishuli

Location: Malaysia

Garbage in garbage out kind of thing? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:42 am   Garbage in garbage out kind of thing?

.
Only in casual conversation, which is what this text represents.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"68-year-old" instead of "68-years-old"I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?"yet" and "however"After Summer come the...?What does Chinooks mean?What's the difference between account and count?Meaning of the idiom "fall off a turnip truck"What's the grammar rule for using anyone and no one?What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean?The meaning of "light rain"turn vs runPhrase: The coldest season of the year is typically the winter season.What does 'dead from the neck up' mean?