Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

magazine; journal
manner
tradition
periodical
amount
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"yet" and "however" | Animal idiom: 'leads a dog's life'
listening exercises
I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 am   I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #368 "English Slang Idioms (89)", question 4

"Come to the rodeo with us, Jack. You know we'll have a ......... of a time. When haven't we at a rodeo?" His best friend asked.

(a) job
(b) chore
(c) ripper
(d) drag

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #368 "English Slang Idioms (89)", answer 4

"Come to the rodeo with us, Jack. You know we'll have a ripper of a time. When haven't we at a rodeo?" His best friend asked.

Correct answer: (c) ripper

Your answer was: correct

Hi,

I haven't seen " a ripper of a time" before, does it mean " a wonderful time" ?
Zishuli
You can meet me at english-test.net

I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 13:35 pm   I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?

Yes, a ripper of something means that it's an excellent example of its kind.
Marwa

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"yet" and "however" | Animal idiom: 'leads a dog's life'
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Essay writing?meaning of "take the law into your own hands"What does "I've got your number" mean? Is it an idiom?reimburse vs. reimbursementWhat does placate mean?"68-year-old" instead of "68-years-old"Meaning of 'Have your lunch handed to you again'After Summer come the...?What does Chinooks mean?What's the difference between account and count?meaning of prefermentGarbage in garbage out kind of thing?What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean?