magazine; journal
manner
tradition
periodical
amount

I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?

"yet" and "however" | Animal idiom: 'leads a dog's life'
I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 am   I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?

"Come to the rodeo with us, Jack. You know we'll have a ......... of a time. When haven't we at a rodeo?" His best friend asked.

(a) job
(b) chore
(c) ripper
(d) drag

"Come to the rodeo with us, Jack. You know we'll have a ripper of a time. When haven't we at a rodeo?" His best friend asked.

Correct answer: (c) ripper

_________________________

I haven't seen " a ripper of a time" before, does it mean " a wonderful time" ?
Zishuli

Location: Malaysia

I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 13:35 pm   I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?

Yes, a ripper of something means that it's an excellent example of its kind.
Marwa

Location: Egypt

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Essay writing?meaning of "take the law into your own hands"What does "I've got your number" mean? Is it an idiom?reimburse vs. reimbursementWhat does placate mean?"68-year-old" instead of "68-years-old"Meaning of 'Have your lunch handed to you again'After Summer come the...?What does Chinooks mean?What's the difference between account and count?meaning of prefermentGarbage in garbage out kind of thing?What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean?