Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

inventive; innovative; artistic
placid
creative
occupied
irritated
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does Landmarks mean?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
You can't miss it because it is enormous. vs You can't avoid it because it is... | Usage of air conditioners
listening exercises
What does Landmarks mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:05 am   What does Landmarks mean?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #38 "Object Pronoun", question 7

Well you and your wife have borrowed things sometimes and not given ......... back.

(a) they
(b) theirs
(c) them

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #38 "Object Pronoun", answer 7

Well you and your wife have borrowed things sometimes and not given them back.

Correct answer: (c) them

what does it mean Landmarks?

romcily
romcily

What does Landmarks mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 03, 2009 15:45 pm   What does Landmarks mean?

Try your DICTIONARY.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does Landmarks mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 am   What does Landmarks mean?

Mister Micawber wrote:
Try your DICTIONARY.

Dear Teachers,

Can we use "them" for "things"?

Which one is correct or more suitable in the following options? or any other suitable option?

a) The following files are missing and have not been received yet and I wonder if you could send them at your earliest convience as we require them urgently.

b). The following files are missing and have not been received yet I would be grateful if you could send these files as soon as you can because we required these files on urgent basis.

which one is more appropriate? moreover, can we use "them" for things like (errors, logs, data file etc.)?

please guide
Misskhan
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does Landmarks mean? #4 (permalink) Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:31 am   What does Landmarks mean?

Use 'them' which can be used for any plural countables. Native speakers use the noun ('files') the first time, and then use the pronoun ('them') for subsequent references:

I lost my keys, and now I can't find them.
I met my sisters and bought them lunch.
I committed three mortal sins, but I have now asked forgiveness for them.
There are three truths about womankind, but I have forgotten them.

What does Landmarks mean? #5 (permalink) Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:10 am   What does Landmarks mean?

Mr.Mister Micawber

Ok thank you so much for your explanation I got my answer now but kindly check these sentences which I wrote and guide are they both correct or not?

thanks in advance

God bless you all
Misskhan
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does Landmarks mean? #6 (permalink) Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:23 am   What does Landmarks mean?

This is correct:

a) The following files are missing and have not been received yet. I wonder if you could send them at your earliest convenience, as we require them urgently.

What does Landmarks mean? #7 (permalink) Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:47 am   What does Landmarks mean?

Mister Micawber wrote:
This is correct:

a) The following files are missing and have not been received yet. I wonder if you could send them at your earliest convenience, as we require them urgently.

Thank you so much for your guidance Mister Micawber

have a good day :P
Misskhan
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does Landmarks mean? #8 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 17:54 pm   What does Landmarks mean?

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

100 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

this is good, i did not know that "them" allow to us exprime a lots of things.
many thakns
Betraoui2002

You can't miss it because it is enormous. vs You can't avoid it because it is... | Usage of air conditioners
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."What is the difference between before and in front of?Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'Who or what are the boys in blue?Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?Warmest season vs. hottest seasonhaven't forgotten -- present perfectWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.