act of repairing; renewal; act of restoring to good condition
clout
renovation
status
field

Usage of air conditioners

What does Landmarks mean? | Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?
Usage of air conditioners #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 20:08 pm   Usage of air conditioners

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Weather Test (4)", question 2

In the hot summer months, people usually turn on their ......... to keep cool in the high temperatures.

(a) air conditioners
(b) furnaces
(c) ovens

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Weather Test (4)", answer 2

In the hot summer months, people usually turn on their air conditioners to keep cool in the high temperatures.

Correct answer: (a) air conditioners
_________________________

Why?

Hirsch
Hirsch

Usage of air conditioners #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 03, 2009 15:46 pm   Usage of air conditioners

.
Only air conditioners are cooling appliances.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of air conditioners #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 20:03 pm   Usage of air conditioners

Hi Teachers

Is 'air con' a common colloquialism? How about 'A/C'?:
Please turn on the A/C(uttered as written).
The modern air-con system in the car.

Ali
Aliraf62

Location: Sweden

"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."What is the difference between before and in front of?Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'Warmest season vs. hottest seasonYou can't miss it because it is enormous. vs You can't avoid it because it is...haven't forgotten -- present perfectWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'