Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

act of repairing; renewal; act of restoring to good condition
clout
renovation
status
field
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Usage of air conditioners

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does Landmarks mean? | Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?
listening exercises
Usage of air conditioners #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 20:08 pm   Usage of air conditioners

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Weather Test (4)", question 2

In the hot summer months, people usually turn on their ......... to keep cool in the high temperatures.

(a) air conditioners
(b) furnaces
(c) ovens

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Weather Test (4)", answer 2

In the hot summer months, people usually turn on their air conditioners to keep cool in the high temperatures.

Correct answer: (a) air conditioners

Why?

Hirsch
Hirsch

Usage of air conditioners #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 03, 2009 15:46 pm   Usage of air conditioners

Only air conditioners are cooling appliances.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of air conditioners #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 20:03 pm   Usage of air conditioners

Hi Teachers

Is 'air con' a common colloquialism? How about 'A/C'?:
Please turn on the A/C(uttered as written).
The modern air-con system in the car.

Thanks
Ali
Aliraf62
You can meet me at english-test.net

What does Landmarks mean? | Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."What is the difference between before and in front of?Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'Warmest season vs. hottest seasonYou can't miss it because it is enormous. vs You can't avoid it because it is...haven't forgotten -- present perfectWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'