automobile; elevator; vehicle; ride
car
expenditure
back
pipe

Meaning of "You never did"

Difference between turn and turning | testing times vs. testable times
Meaning of "You never did" #1 (permalink) Mon May 23, 2005 8:00 am   Meaning of "You never did"

Test No. incompl/elem-34 "Responses (7)", question 1

Jill: 'I got that job even though you didn't think I stood a chance.'
Frank: '.........'

(a) You always did!
(b) You never did!
(c) You sometimes did!
(d) You often did!

Test No. incompl/elem-34 "Responses (7)", answer 1

Frank: 'You never did!'

Correct answer: (b) You never did!

Frank: 'You always did!'
_________________________

why you never did?
vandana

You never did #2 (permalink) Mon May 23, 2005 9:49 am   You never did

This expression is used to show surprise as in: I didn't believe you would ever get that job.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "You never did" #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 29, 2008 23:05 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

please, Can you explain this .....................you didn't think I stood a chance
Santinat

Meaning of "You never did" #4 (permalink) Wed Oct 29, 2008 23:07 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

It means: I got that job although you thought I would not.

Let me know if this makes sense to you.

TOEIC listening, talks: Giving a weather update and forecast on a private radio station

Meaning of "You never did" #5 (permalink) Wed Oct 29, 2008 23:13 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

Santinat

Meaning of "You never did" #6 (permalink) Sat Sep 05, 2009 15:23 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

thank
Bingheyn

Meaning of "You never did" #7 (permalink) Wed Feb 17, 2010 18:57 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

yes it does..thanks
MHKabir

Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Meaning of "You never did" #8 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:02 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

Please explain the responsive 7 further for me.
Millicent Agyei Antwi

Meaning of "You never did" #9 (permalink) Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 am   Meaning of "You never did"

thx a lot
Hapkido

Location: Ksa

Meaning of "You never did" #10 (permalink) Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:28 am   Meaning of "You never did"

It is difficult for me to understand at first.ok, thanks
Khosit

Meaning of "You never did" #11 (permalink) Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:46 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

It is the first time for me to hear this expression
Is this an English or American expression??
I think that English expressions are more complicated than American ones, aren't they?!
Hailsheen

Meaning of "You never did" #12 (permalink) Sun Feb 20, 2011 20:00 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

i got it anyway thanks a lot form my result that i have expected to do more in response i do not get a good result .
Mulegebre

Meaning of "You never did" #13 (permalink) Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:03 am   Meaning of "You never did"

For a non-native speaker these are maybe the hardest structures to understand. In "You never did" I personally miss a question mark at the end. It is hard for me to understand how someone would pronounce and stress this statement. By the way...this website is astonishing and amazing at the same time. Thanks a lot for what you do for us every day. Well done...
Passaparola

Meaning of "You never did" #14 (permalink) Tue Aug 21, 2012 14:56 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

I can't understand exactly! finally he/she could get that job or not, i think Frank has been surprised after Jill got that job, am i right? regards
Fariba6

Location: Iran

Meaning of "You never did" #15 (permalink) Tue Aug 21, 2012 21:00 pm   Meaning of "You never did"

Yes. Jill got the job. Frank was surprised that she got it.
_________________

Meaning of 'most out of'?Why use "all of the flowers" instead of "all the flowers"?"bear with" versus "stay with"Expression: Would you mind if"work out" vs. "find out"Meaning of grantingWhy won and not ended?Meaning of "I almost drowned"Want to find out who drove the red carMeaning of "You never did", page 2Difference between dialect and accentWhat does this phrasal verb mean: "Make it up"?Beginning of the end?