to dress; to adorn wear
proceed
underestimate
enclose
apparel

Expression "to indulge in"

What is Istanbul? | what do you mean by hot water?
Expression "to indulge in" #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 am   Expression "to indulge in"

ESL/EFL Test #72 "At the End of the Day (1)", question 10

Of course as you grow older, you ......... in the luxury of short sleeps during the day.

(a) enter
(b) fall
(c) indulge
(d) incur

ESL/EFL Test #72 "At the End of the Day (1)", answer 10

Of course as you grow older, you indulge in the luxury of short sleeps during the day.

Correct answer: (c) indulge
_________________________

I can't understand this expression, to indulge in.. I found also to indulge in a little nostalgia
Cristina
Cristina O.

Expression "to indulge in" #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 15, 2009 13:59 pm   Expression "to indulge in"

.
To indulge in = 'to allow (oneself) to follow one's will (usually fol. by in): to indulge oneself in reckless spending.'
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
'to put all one's eggs in one basket'What are your comments about your career progression in your workwhat does anti-fraud mean?What does 'make up for' mean?What is the means of rally?'ideal' vs 'idea'why not say "elect"? (elect vs veto)what's the meaning of Chinood?why not melt instead of thaw?difference between "repute" and "reputation"What is a fall guy?what does a chaff mean?Meaning of "a plane takes off"