to organize; to arrange; to give form to
suggest
harmonize
resonate
structure

Meaning of 'whiff'

What does 'skylarking' mean? Is it an idiom? | Does verb phrase "speak up" mean tell the truth?
Meaning of 'whiff' #1 (permalink) Sat May 28, 2005 7:44 am   Meaning of 'whiff'

Test No. incompl/advan-44 "Scandal", question 8

The Prime Minister called Mathew in to talk to him and said he couldn't tolerate any ......... of scandal in his Party.

(a) whiff
(b) scent
(c) smell
(d) stink

Test No. incompl/advan-44 "Scandal", answer 8

The Prime Minister called Mathew in to talk to him and said he couldn't tolerate any whiff of scandal in his Party.

Correct answer: (a) whiff
_________________________

Dear Sir,

Are there any differences between the above 4 words? As I look up the dictionary, they're almost the same. Please explain

Thank you very much
doanngockhanh
doanngockhanh

Meaning of 'whiff' #2 (permalink) Sat May 28, 2005 10:27 am   Meaning of 'whiff'

You need whiff here to mean the smallest sign.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'whiff' #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 03, 2013 16:20 pm   Meaning of 'whiff'

I heard that whiff of hope and whiff of temper
but whiff of scandal didn't occur to me. What a pity!
_________________

i wrote an ielts writing of task 2 please come inwhen you want to market a new productIs completely wrong a collocation?What are skyscrapers?What is skydiving?A butterfly is an animalShe is a very nice person.What is Ping pong?What does skylight mean?What is the difference between 'fast lane' and 'fast track'?English idiom: take out the trashWhat does tail mean?Meaning of 'limit'