temporary arrangement; in between period
interim
award
composure
regular

Meaning of abbreviated

Difference between imply and infer | Difference between shut and close
Meaning of abbreviated #1 (permalink) Sat May 28, 2005 14:20 pm   Meaning of abbreviated

Test No. incompl/advan-87 "GMAT Verbal Quiz (10)", question 3

This is a sort of shortened version of what happened and has been ......... to fit into the newspaper.

(a) adopted
(b) attuned
(c) abbreviated
(d) added

Test No. incompl/advan-87 "GMAT Verbal Quiz (10)", answer 3

This is a sort of shortened version of what happened and has been abbreviated to fit into the newspaper.

Correct answer: (c) abbreviated

This is a sort of shortened version of what happened and has been attuned to fit into the newspaper.
_________________________

Why does not "attune to" fit?

Abbreviated #2 (permalink) Sat May 28, 2005 20:28 pm   Abbreviated

The only possible answer must be abbreviated because shortened appears in the same sentence.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
You could hear the sound of great activityThe black sheep of the familyShe has been lyingHe intended to fly across the channelDifference between have told and have been toldDifference between liberty and freedomDifference between impervious and impenetrableDifference between abject and dejectMeaning of 'skywards'If you choose to take that step in your careerMeaning of 'disentangle'Difference between to aim at and to targetMeaning of 'to step down'