anyway
though
rather
minutely
consequently

why tick and not slash?

why is used the verb to shoot instead to take some photos? | Using lapse, slip and blunder
why tick and not slash? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 am   why tick and not slash?

ESL/EFL Test #710 "In the classroom", question 9

Please put a ......... beside the right answer and a cross beside the wrong answer.

(a) tick
(b) slash
(c) stroke

ESL/EFL Test #710 "In the classroom", answer 9

Please put a tick beside the right answer and a cross beside the wrong answer.

Correct answer: (a) tick

Please put a slash beside the right answer and a cross beside the wrong answer.
_________________________

why tick and not slash?

Mimino
Mimino

why tick and not slash? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 13:15 pm   why tick and not slash?

.
A tick or check mark is the common way to indicate correct answers or otherwise indicate text for later recognition. A slash is not so used.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?proffer vs. offerWhat does implement mean?What does "motions" mean in this sentence?Use 'He just took the money and ran away'What does derived mean?empowerment vs advantageUsage of thought, mind, issue, sayJohn rides vs John rideissue vs mindSentence: Jim and I butted heads when we first met,...what does frost mean?What is the meaning of "humble pie"?