same in worth or value; same in importance; corresponding
equivalent
reticent
useless
irrelevant

Meaning of 'delegate'

alone // lonely | The members of the committee concluded in the end
Meaning of 'delegate' #1 (permalink) Mon May 30, 2005 7:59 am   Meaning of 'delegate'

Test No. errors/advan-6 "At the Conference", question 5

One of the speakers scheduled for the day before the final meeting was known to be very boring and so few delegates waited his presentation.

(a) scheduled
(b) few
(c) waited
(d) presentation

Test No. errors/advan-6 "At the Conference", answer 5

One of the speakers scheduled for the day before the final meeting was known to be very boring and so few delegates attended his presentation.

Correct entry: attended
The error was: (c) waited
_________________________

what does delegates mean

Delegate #2 (permalink) Mon May 30, 2005 8:45 am   Delegate

A delegate is a representative - someone who is sent by a group/organization yo represent them.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'delegate' #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 am   Meaning of 'delegate'

Don't you think there's the shift in meaning from 'wait' to 'attend', and to play strictly to the rules would be 'expect'?
Eugene2114

Meaning of 'delegate' #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 05, 2011 19:11 pm   Meaning of 'delegate'

No. It was expected whether or not they went to it.
_________________

I'll be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday...How's your new building coming along?Actually, if it's not too much trouble, would you proofreading my power-point sliwhen you figure inWord is that he asked the publisherI heard that the city [b]is going to start collecting yard waste soon[/b].But I will in about 10 years.I like for my house to be clean and orderly.lake - with or without articleMills' is open late, so I went there.informed the policeCould you give the synonym of "opportunity" here?use past tense