Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to follow; to drag; to tow
stress
trail
customize
edit
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

empowerment vs advantage

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does derived mean? | Usage of thought, mind, issue, say
listening exercises
empowerment vs advantage #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 13:46 pm   empowerment vs advantage

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #574 "Corporate Culture (1)", question 10

Prior to the Internet, large telephone companies had a competitive ......... over smaller communication companies because they owned most of the telephone line infrastructure. Now, Internet capabilities have changed all that.

(a) empowerment
(b) advantage
(c) disadvantage
(d) lawsuit

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #574 "Corporate Culture (1)", answer 10

Prior to the Internet, large telephone companies had a competitive empowerment over smaller communication companies because they owned most of the telephone line infrastructure. Now, Internet capabilities have changed all that.

Correct answer: (a) empowerment

Your answer was: incorrect
Prior to the Internet, large telephone companies had a competitive advantage over smaller communication companies because they owned most of the telephone line infrastructure. Now, Internet capabilities have changed all that.

why not advantage? please, explain the sentence! thx
Dongocan
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

empowerment vs advantage #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 15:23 pm   empowerment vs advantage

You're right. This is a mistake/error. The answer is "competitive advantage."
Good job!
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
empowerment vs advantage #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 15:35 pm   empowerment vs advantage

Ok. Corrected.
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ai574/esl-test.php#corporate_culture_question_ten
Slava
Slava
Programmer and Co-founder

empowerment vs advantage #4 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 23:13 pm   empowerment vs advantage

Thanks Slava.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

What does derived mean? | Usage of thought, mind, issue, say
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
A loving and appropriate epitaph?how to choose the right answer?Expression: 'Crack over'what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerWhat does implement mean?What does "motions" mean in this sentence?I have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop.Use 'He just took the money and ran away'What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?why is used the verb to shoot instead to take some photos?