but; in spite of; despite
yet
until
however
immediately

Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?

Meaning of the word "prowling" | What does 'he bottled it'?
Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 14:19 pm   Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Learn English Vocabulary", question 10

We will get as near as we can to your requirements but we may not be able to ......... all your needs.

(a) meet
(b) encounter
(c) measure
(d) face

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Learn English Vocabulary", answer 10

We will get as near as we can to your requirements but we may not be able to meet all your needs.

Correct answer: (a) meet

We will get as near as we can to your requirements but we may not be able to face all your needs.
_________________________

Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet? (as in to meet with our requirements).

Cristina
Cristina O.

Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet? #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:58 am   Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?

.
No, the absence of 'with' is preferable, I think. We more often 'meet with' people.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
A loving and appropriate epitaph?Have the final say over everything?how to choose the right answer?Expression: 'Crack over'what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?proffer vs. offerWhat does implement mean?What does "motions" mean in this sentence?I have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop.Use 'He just took the money and ran away'What does derived mean?empowerment vs advantageUsage of thought, mind, issue, say