full of or accompanied by; charged with; laden with
fraught
pretend
mental
standard

What does "motions" mean in this sentence?

What does implement mean? | Use 'He just took the money and ran away'
What does "motions" mean in this sentence? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 am   What does "motions" mean in this sentence?

ESL/EFL Test #575 "Corporate Culture (2)", question 10

In a business meeting, members of the board often make suggestions or recommendations. Formally, these suggestions are called ..........

(a) resolutions
(b) minutes
(c) motions
(d) laws

ESL/EFL Test #575 "Corporate Culture (2)", answer 10

In a business meeting, members of the board often make suggestions or recommendations. Formally, these suggestions are called motions.

Correct answer: (c) motions

In a business meeting, members of the board often make suggestions or recommendations. Formally, these suggestions are called resolutions.
_________________________

what does it mean "motions" in these sentence please? for me this sentence doesn't make any sense

Monako
Monako

What does "motions" mean in this sentence? #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 23:00 pm   What does "motions" mean in this sentence?

Motions are formal suggestions or recommendations made during a meeting. Members of the board (meeting members) then have to make decisions about the motions that are made during the meetings.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerI have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop.What does derived mean?What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?empowerment vs advantageUsage of thought, mind, issue, saywhy is used the verb to shoot instead to take some photos?John rides vs John rideissue vs mindSentence: Jim and I butted heads when we first met,...