Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to bind; to fasten with a rope or cord
insist
tie
boost
release
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

why as to be used in this particular sentence?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
In chaos and in a shambles | Let's wait in the lounge.
listening exercises
why as to be used in this particular sentence? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 18:33 pm   why as to be used in this particular sentence?

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", question 10

I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy ......... can be.

(a) as
(b) than
(c) and
(d) it

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", answer 10

I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy as can be.

Correct answer: (a) as

Your answer was: incorrect
I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy it can be.

why as to be used in this particular sentence?

Wowuik
Wowuik

why as to be used in this particular sentence? #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 am   why as to be used in this particular sentence?

It is part of the comparative couplet, 'as .... as'-- 'as happy as a lark', 'as long as you want to', 'as easy as can be'.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
why as to be used in this particular sentence? #3 (permalink) Fri May 27, 2011 19:46 pm   why as to be used in this particular sentence?

Dear Mr Micawber or other coaches / members,

"It is part of the comparative couplet, 'as .... as'-- 'as happy as a lark', 'as long as you want to', 'as easy as can be'."

I first thought about "as" to be the option, but I have the feeling that "it" is missing.

Actually, I thought the correct answer would be "I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy as it can be."

Without the second "it", it feels a subject is missing.

Thank you in advance,

Ozzy

In chaos and in a shambles | Let's wait in the lounge.
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I am inclined to think that you're lyingget-rich-quick schemeswent to bedThe little girl longed toWhy did you tell mewine related words and phrasesMy dog loves to sleep vs. my dog loves sleepNo one likes embarrassing himselfPeople often stub their toes.stop to think vs. stop thinkingI quit listening to her about 15 minutes into the conversation...Are presents and presence homophones?Difference between a lot and lots