to bind; to fasten with a rope or cord
insist
tie
boost
release

why as to be used in this particular sentence?

In chaos and in a shambles | Let's wait in the lounge.
why as to be used in this particular sentence? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 18:33 pm   why as to be used in this particular sentence?

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", question 10

I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy ......... can be.

(a) as
(b) than
(c) and
(d) it

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", answer 10

I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy as can be.

Correct answer: (a) as

I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy it can be.
_________________________

Wowuik
Wowuik

why as to be used in this particular sentence? #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 am   why as to be used in this particular sentence?

.
It is part of the comparative couplet, 'as .... as'-- 'as happy as a lark', 'as long as you want to', 'as easy as can be'.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
why as to be used in this particular sentence? #3 (permalink) Fri May 27, 2011 19:46 pm   why as to be used in this particular sentence?

Dear Mr Micawber or other coaches / members,

"It is part of the comparative couplet, 'as .... as'-- 'as happy as a lark', 'as long as you want to', 'as easy as can be'."

I first thought about "as" to be the option, but I have the feeling that "it" is missing.

Actually, I thought the correct answer would be "I assure you that you will have no problem with the task because it's as easy as it can be."

Without the second "it", it feels a subject is missing.

Thank you in advance,

Ozzy
_________________
Treat people as if they are what they ought to be, and you can help them become what they are capable of becoming. J. von G.
Ozzy For President

Location: Mexico

I am inclined to think that you're lyingget-rich-quick schemeswent to bedThe little girl longed toWhy did you tell mewine related words and phrasesMy dog loves to sleep vs. my dog loves sleepNo one likes embarrassing himselfPeople often stub their toes.stop to think vs. stop thinkingI quit listening to her about 15 minutes into the conversation...Are presents and presence homophones?Difference between a lot and lots