inclination; tendency; disposition; aptitude
propensity
parameter
diversity
experience

Expression: 'Crack over'

I have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop. | how to choose the right answer?
Expression: 'Crack over' #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 am   Expression: 'Crack over'

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Phrasal Verbs (C)", question 9

The new police chief is trying to ......... on the current drug problem in the city.

(a) crack down
(b) crack over
(c) crack

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Phrasal Verbs (C)", answer 9

The new police chief is trying to crack down on the current drug problem in the city.

Correct answer: (a) crack down
_________________________

crack over?

Jutila
Jutila

Expression: 'Crack over' #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 am   Expression: 'Crack over'

.
'Crack over' has no idiomatic meaning.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
The crossover point is that production quantity where...what does 'bite his hand off' meanmillionaire vs. accountantA loving and appropriate epitaph?Have the final say over everything?what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerUse 'He just took the money and ran away'What does derived mean?What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?empowerment vs advantage