Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

inclination; tendency; disposition; aptitude
propensity
parameter
diversity
experience
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Expression: 'Crack over'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop. | how to choose the right answer?
listening exercises
Expression: 'Crack over' #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 am   Expression: 'Crack over'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Phrasal Verbs (C)", question 9

The new police chief is trying to ......... on the current drug problem in the city.

(a) crack down
(b) crack over
(c) crack

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Phrasal Verbs (C)", answer 9

The new police chief is trying to crack down on the current drug problem in the city.

Correct answer: (a) crack down

crack over?

Jutila
Jutila

Expression: 'Crack over' #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 am   Expression: 'Crack over'

'Crack over' has no idiomatic meaning.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
I have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop. | how to choose the right answer?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
The crossover point is that production quantity where...what does 'bite his hand off' meanmillionaire vs. accountantA loving and appropriate epitaph?Have the final say over everything?what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerUse 'He just took the money and ran away'What does derived mean?What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?empowerment vs advantage