to examine; to break down into parts and study (as in a subject)
analyze
commit
insist
overcome

how to choose the right answer?

Expression: 'Crack over' | A loving and appropriate epitaph?
how to choose the right answer? #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:04 am   how to choose the right answer?

ESL/EFL Test #258 "Irregular Verbs Test (6)", question 3

You have to ......... a lot of water in this part of the country on hot days in the summer months or you could dehydrate.

(a) drink
(b) drank
(c) drunk

ESL/EFL Test #258 "Irregular Verbs Test (6)", answer 3

You have to drink a lot of water in this part of the country on hot days in the summer months or you could dehydrate.

Correct answer: (a) drink
_________________________

how to choose the right answer?

Jutila
Jutila

how to choose the right answer? #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:07 am   how to choose the right answer?

.
To get the right answer, you must understand that the blank takes an infinitive verb form because it is preceded by the finite verb 'have to'.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
The crossover point is that production quantity where...what does 'bite his hand off' meanmillionaire vs. accountantHave the final say over everything?what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerI have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop.What does derived mean?What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?empowerment vs advantageUsage of thought, mind, issue, say