honor; esteem; high regard; consideration; attention
line
position
bias
respect

Have the final say over everything?

A loving and appropriate epitaph? | Close versus complete
Have the final say over everything? #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 23, 2009 17:55 pm   Have the final say over everything?

ESL/EFL Test #711 "Real Life: Making Decisions", question 3

I would like to make more decisions at the office but my boss has the final ......... over everything.

(a) mind
(b) thoughts
(c) say
(d) issue

ESL/EFL Test #711 "Real Life: Making Decisions", answer 3

I would like to make more decisions at the office but my boss has the final say over everything.

Correct answer: (c) say

I would like to make more decisions at the office but my boss has the final issue over everything.
_________________________

what does it mean " say over everithing"? thank you vania
Vania

Have the final say over everything? #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:15 am   Have the final say over everything?

Hi Vania,
If someone has the "final say" about something, that means he/she has the right, authority and/or privilege to make the final decision about a subject/situation etc.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What 'violent' in Vietnames mean?what does acommodation mean?The crossover point is that production quantity where...what does 'bite his hand off' meanmillionaire vs. accountanthow to choose the right answer?Expression: 'Crack over'what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerI have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop.What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?