wager; bet; investment; share
stake
degree
alternative
instruction

the letter of the law?

Expression: He is really gutsy | Origin of the idiom 'no cigar'?
the letter of the law? #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 24, 2009 17:26 pm   the letter of the law?

Many people hate dealing with the bureaucracy of the Department of Motor Vehicles. One criticism is that they refuse to listen to logic, or think outside the box, since they only follow the ......... the law.

(a) number
(b) letter
(c) picture
(d) image

Many people hate dealing with the bureaucracy of the Department of Motor Vehicles. One criticism is that they refuse to listen to logic, or think outside the box, since they only follow the letter the law.

Correct answer: (b) letter

_________________________

'follow the letter the law', shouldn't it be ' the letter of the law' ?
Zishuli

Location: Malaysia

the letter of the law? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 am   the letter of the law?

.
Yes, you are right. We will fix that typographical error. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"market research" to Georgianwhat does the word toddler mean?Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream?What does the "push the envelope" mean?What 'violent' in Vietnames mean?what does acommodation mean?freeze vs frostThe crossover point is that production quantity where...what does 'bite his hand off' meanmillionaire vs. accountantHow to use this forum?What does cufflinks mean?'as a joke' vs 'as joking'