Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

fitness; suitability; limitation; diploma or certificate stating one's abilities
willingness
qualification
terminology
expense
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Way to listening the English well?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why an article is not used? | why odd used in the sentences?
listening exercises
Way to listening the English well? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 17:11 pm   Way to listening the English well?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", question 9

Pumpkins are usually harvested in the fall. Many people carve them into Jack O'Lanterns and display them in front of their houses just in time for ..........

(a) Thanksgiving
(b) Christmas
(c) Halloween

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", answer 9

Pumpkins are usually harvested in the fall. Many people carve them into Jack O'Lanterns and display them in front of their houses just in time for Halloween.

Correct answer: (c) Halloween

how the way can i lissenning the english well?

Rasath
Rasath

Way to listening the English well? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:53 am   Way to listening the English well?

Practice with tapes, movies and TV; find another English speaker to talk to.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Way to listening the English well? #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am   Way to listening the English well?

Hello,
Could you please explain the word "Jack O'Lanterns" for me .
Thank you in advance.
Mouhannad
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Way to listening the English well? #4 (permalink) Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 am   Way to listening the English well?

It's in the DICTIONARY, Mouhannad.

Why an article is not used? | why odd used in the sentences?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/advan-811, Question 5Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6What does "bring short with you" mean?meaning of 'a loose cannon'I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaveshow to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?