fitness; suitability; limitation; diploma or certificate stating one's abilities
willingness
qualification
terminology
expense

Way to listening the English well?

Why an article is not used? | why odd used in the sentences?
Way to listening the English well? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 17:11 pm   Way to listening the English well?

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", question 9

Pumpkins are usually harvested in the fall. Many people carve them into Jack O'Lanterns and display them in front of their houses just in time for ..........

(a) Thanksgiving
(b) Christmas
(c) Halloween

ESL/EFL Test #119 "Weather Test (6)", answer 9

Pumpkins are usually harvested in the fall. Many people carve them into Jack O'Lanterns and display them in front of their houses just in time for Halloween.

Correct answer: (c) Halloween
_________________________

how the way can i lissenning the english well?

Rasath
Rasath

Way to listening the English well? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:53 am   Way to listening the English well?

.
Practice with tapes, movies and TV; find another English speaker to talk to.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Way to listening the English well? #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am   Way to listening the English well?

Could you please explain the word "Jack O'Lanterns" for me .
Thank you in advance.
Mouhannad

Location: Syria

Way to listening the English well? #4 (permalink) Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 am   Way to listening the English well?

It's in the DICTIONARY, Mouhannad.
_________________

Test incompl/advan-811, Question 5Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6What does "bring short with you" mean?meaning of 'a loose cannon'I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaveshow to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?