nicely; thoughtfully; graciously; considerately; sympathetically
intense
kindly
fueled
square

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hello! this is Atyaf from Syria :) | Hello! I am Fahim from Iran. I would like to improve my English...
Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:31 am   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hello everyone! First of all, I`d like to say big thanks for such a good site.
My name is Valentyna. I`m from Ukraine (Dnipropetrovsk city). But I live in England with my husband. I`ve been here since January 2008. So I`m new in England also.
I`ve leant english in UA and still keep going to do it in UK.
But one difference is I learned american language more then english language. so now I have some problem with english pronouncing.
So now I do all my best to do less mistake in language.
with best regard
Valentyna
Valentyna

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:26 am   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

.
Hello, Valentyna, and welcome to English-test.net.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with American pronunciation, and any Englishman who tells you so is bigoted.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:58 am   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hi Mister Micawber!
I didn`t mean, that something wrong with american pronunciation, I`ve noteced that it`s difference in pronounciation when I am listening how they talk to each other, or by tv. they are never offend me or laught at my pronounciation, people here are quite patiant and understand me and they tell me how they would say it. But when I am watching tv or move, I am lost.
with regards
Valentyna

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #4 (permalink) Wed Jan 28, 2009 19:16 pm   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hello Valentyna,

Welcome to our forum and many thanks for your question. The good thing about English is that there are so many accents and after while you get used to any of them. By the way, if you like you can also record your own voice here on the forum.

Let me know what you think.
Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, photographs: A knight on horse

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #5 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hi Torsten!
Lots of thanks for your lessons. From your last lesson 32 that you sent to me, I see how right you are about passive and active skills.
Even I am here where all people speak in their mother tongue, and I can read and listen them almost whole day, but I don`t talk and write a lot,
cause my husband is at work whole day, and I`m doing my job at the computer whole day as well. (I`m drawing plans in programme).
What do I think about record own voice on the forum? I think it`s great idea too started to have more confidence to try to spell everything that is written by me.
with lots of regars and respect
Valentyna
Valentyna

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #6 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 pm   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hi again!
I`ve just tryed to record my message but it wasn`t successfully.
Maybe I`m doing something wrong. But I pressed button ''record'' and no response.
it`s a bit shame. I`ll try again.
Valentyna

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #7 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 15:27 pm   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hello Valentyna,

Thanks a lot for trying to record a voice message. All you need is download Java. For more information, please click on this link: How record voice messages?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A man in a wheelchair

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #8 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 20:55 pm   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hey Valentyna,

Just to welcome you oj english-test and tel you that your English is not bad even if you learnt American language, it is English. And though i be confronted with the same matter in fact (lol). American and British are considered as being English language but both sides are not similar in vocabulary and Grammar also. And at the university, or teacher of english Grammar spent much time with teaching English in the U.S.A. and it also means our p^ronunciation cannot be the same.

With the Messiah's LOVE,
Born4Jesus

Location: Brazzaville, Congo (Centre of Africa)

Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city... #9 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 pm   Acquaintance: My name is Valentyna. I'm from Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk city...

Hi Born4Jesus, thank you for your letter and that telling me your experience.
many thanks
Valentyna
Valentyna

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
life is loveCiaosu! Gixa here! Right now I'm trying to learn Japanese...I am Tekla from GeorgiaHello! My name is William, I am from Nicaragua...A pleasant day to everyone! I'm Mapet from the Philippines. I think...Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...Hello! My name is El3yadi I hope learn English. I hope speaket well and fast...I am Kehkshan and I want to learn speak EnglishHi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...New Member: I'm Chilean, I'm studying English from here for improving...I want a better life for Americawhats the best part of life?All truth about Russia. Sibiria